Friday, May 22, 2009
The second purpose of this meeting is for us to "treat" ourselves in recognition and appreciation of our volunteers that keep Girl Scouting in the Lakes Area alive and exciting! PLEASE invite your cookie parents, co-leaders, fall product sales volunteers and any other adults who help you in your troop. We will be having a "dessert pot luck". If you have not yet done so... please call Linda Fitzpatrik at 570-698-6911 to let her know what you will be brining.
Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I have uploaded my pics to flickr and will be sending you an invite to join the "Group" so that you can view the pics and add your own. I did it this way so that the pics would be private, just between us. If you don't have a flickr account, it is easy to get one and free, only takes a few minutes.
Next up... the Father Daughter Dance. Please be sure to contact Linda Fitzpatrick if you are interested in attending.
Our next Service Unit meeting is May 28th at the United Methodist Church in Lakeville. This is our "Plan of Work" meeting where we will schedule our events for next year and set meeting dates.
The meeting on May 28th will also be our "Volunteer Appreciation" Potluck Dessert. PLEASE think about the adult volunteers in your troop... Cookie Moms, Co-Leaders, Helpful Dads... etc. Consider bringing them to the meeting with you so that we can recognize and appreciate them as well. I will be contacting you later in the month to check and see who is coming and what desserts you will be bringing...
AND DON'T FORGET THE JAMBOREE! I will forward you a flyer for the Jamboree on May 31st! It promises to be a really fun event that would keep the girls excited about Girl Scouting.
OH and I have your spring registration packets... If you did not pick up your packet from Sunshine at the Derby, I have it here. If you want it before May 28th, let me know and we can arrange a "meet". For those of you who may be attending any of the concerts this week at the Intermediate, Middle or High Schools, I will be there and will have your packets with me... so let me know and we can meet and exchange...
Thanks and great job on getting the girls to the Derby!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Sounds like a great way to get involved and have your opinions heard!
Hello all- at the Think Tank for the Northeast Region for Girl Scouts in the Heart of PA, leaders suggested that a leader retreat be held in late spring, which will include workshops for new and long-term leaders as well as” sharing times” and fun times. I am forming a committee of volunteers to plan and run this weekend retreat. We are having our first committee meeting at the Hazleton Service Center on Wed, Feb 18th at 6:00. If you would like to be a part of this committee please let me know. Thanks,
Associate, Membership Services
Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania
426 Airport Rd
12 Beltway Commons
Hazle Township, PA 18202
(570) 501-2604, ext 1417
fax- (570) 501-2325
1-800-692-7816, ext 1417
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Your Spring Summer PALs (Program and Adult Learning Guides) are here. If you are in the neighborhood stop in and I will give you a copy. They are also available on the website.
I KNOW... I have not been good about keeping the blog up to date...
That will change, sorry. What better time to get it going again than COOKIE TIME!? Unfortunately our Cookie Kick-Off Rally was cancelled due to the snow day last Thursday. I have been taking calls from people who have questions about the cookie sale. Please feel free to call me with any questions you may have. Here are a couple of important facts that you should know:
- We are currently in the "order taking" phase of the sale. Girls can use their order cards to take orders from now until March 21st!
- On Feb 2nd the INITIAL orders period ends. Whatever cookies the girls have sold by this point should be recorded and entered in to eBudde. Once you record what is sold by each girl by that date GIVE THEM BACK THEIR CARDS! They should continue to take orders!
- The Pre-Order Incentives are ONLY for those cookies ordered before Feb 2nd. Those cookies also count for the overall recognitions for the entire sale. For example: If a scout sells 250 boxes BY Feb 2nd, then she has earned all of the "Pre-Order Incentives" and is at the 250 boxes level (18" Ellie Stuffed Animal OR $50.00 camp credit and all levels leading up to that) for the overall sale recognitions.
- Remember that initial orders must be entered into eBudde as whole cases. Be sure to order extra for booth sales (if you plan them) or additional orders that your girls will be taking. Keep in mind though, that you can NOT return product so think carefully about what you order. Feel free to call me for guidance if you need it.
- The cookies will be delivered during the week of Feb 23rd. As soon as I know the exact date and time I will let you know. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ANYONE ORDERING COOKIES NOW KNOW THAT THEY WILL NOT BE IN UNTIL THAT 3rd WEEK OF FEBRUARY.
- Booth sales can not begin until Friday February 27th. All booth sales must be "registered" with me and I will enter the information into eBudde. The council asks this so that people visiting the website can click on the "find a cookie sale" button and find YOU!
- If you need a Certificate of Insurance for your booth sale, you can request one from the council website.
- I will be running a Cookie Cupboard from my home. You will be able to get more cookies there from Feb 23rd to Mar 21st. You can pick up cookies from the cupboard in single packages, cases, or mixed cases. You CAN NOT return cookies to the cupboard. As soon as the dates and times of operation are approved I will let you know. You will be getting an email with a "password" that will be used when you come to the cupboard. There are no "Golden Tickets" this year.
- Please be sure to tell your parents that checks should be made out to your troop. You will be depositing your collected money and making ONE or TWO payments to council from your troop accounts.
I hope that this "blast" has answered many of your questions for this stage of the sale. I will be sure to update the blog several times a week from this point. If you have not already subscribed to it to get update notices, you might want to consider doing so. You will get an email that tells you that I have updated the information and know that you should check it out!
Good luck and happy cookie selling! Imagine if..... !
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Hello Lakes SU Volunteers!
I just wanted to remind you that the Leader Appreciation Dinner for the service unit is on Thursday evening, August 7. The details have been confirmed:
John’s Italian Restaurant
Route 590 in Hamlin
$20/person (you may pay for leader and assistant leaders’ dinners from troop funds)
There will be a few entrée choices available for to choose when we arrive.
Any adult that helps with your troop may attend, so be sure to tell your Fall Product Sale Chairperson, your cookie mom/dad, or any other troop helpers!
Also: there will be a Luau Party on August 20 that will be open to all Lakes SU Girl Scouts and their families. It will be at the Outdoor Sports Complex at The Hideout in Lake Ariel from 4-7 PM. The cost will be $3 per girl and $5 per adult. More information will be provided at the SU meeting.
The SU Halloween Party is scheduled for October 18 at Wallenpaupack High School. More details will follow when they are confirmed.
Thanks to Linda Fitzpatrick and Donna Smith for planning these great events for the service unit! I’ll see you at the Leader Appreciation Dinner on Thursday!
Reminder: the first SU meeting is Thursday, August 14 at 7 PM, Hamlin Library. Fall Product Sale Training is scheduled for this meeting. Julie Metschulat has graciously volunteered to be the SU Fall Product Chairperson. Thanks so much for helping out, it is greatly appreciated!