Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Powder Puff Derby a HUGE Success!


Well, the first annual Lakes Service Unit was a HUGE SUCCESS! We had 101 racers and over 300 people in attendance! We were a little cramped, and have already began discussing improvements for next year. Overall, the girls had a great time and so did the adults! (Even the hard core dads!) Thanks for helping spread the word and getting the girls excited. I sincerly hope that it gave them a taste for what being part of the larger world of Girl Scouting is all about.
I have uploaded my pics to flickr and will be sending you an invite to join the "Group" so that you can view the pics and add your own. I did it this way so that the pics would be private, just between us. If you don't have a flickr account, it is easy to get one and free, only takes a few minutes.

PPuff09_34
PPuff09_1

Next up... the Father Daughter Dance. Please be sure to contact Linda Fitzpatrick if you are interested in attending.


Our next Service Unit meeting is May 28th at the United Methodist Church in Lakeville. This is our "Plan of Work" meeting where we will schedule our events for next year and set meeting dates.


The meeting on May 28th will also be our "Volunteer Appreciation" Potluck Dessert. PLEASE think about the adult volunteers in your troop... Cookie Moms, Co-Leaders, Helpful Dads... etc. Consider bringing them to the meeting with you so that we can recognize and appreciate them as well. I will be contacting you later in the month to check and see who is coming and what desserts you will be bringing...


AND DON'T FORGET THE JAMBOREE! I will forward you a flyer for the Jamboree on May 31st! It promises to be a really fun event that would keep the girls excited about Girl Scouting.
OH and I have your spring registration packets... If you did not pick up your packet from Sunshine at the Derby, I have it here. If you want it before May 28th, let me know and we can arrange a "meet". For those of you who may be attending any of the concerts this week at the Intermediate, Middle or High Schools, I will be there and will have your packets with me... so let me know and we can meet and exchange...


Thanks and great job on getting the girls to the Derby!

No comments: