Thursday, July 31, 2008

Important Info Update

From Heidi via email:

I want to make sure that you are aware of the toll-free number to call GSHPA. I have had it listed in my email messages under my name for several months, so it is not new, but I wanted to ensure that you knew about it. You can be connected with staff in any of our offices by calling 1-800-692-7816. When the operator answers, ask for the person you would like to speak with or request their extension. Please update your records with this number, as the toll-free numbers for the legacy councils are being disconnected soon (Scranton Pocono Council’s was 1-877-582-2100). Thanks!

Fall Kickoff!
Each service unit is able to send up to 5 SU Team volunteers to the GSHPA Kickoff on Saturday, August 16. If SU Team Members are not able to attend and other SU volunteers would like to attend, they are welcome. The new GS Leadership Experience will be reviewed, including the new Journeys for each age level (which are now available for purchase in the council shops or from the online shop at www.gshpa.org). It is a fun day for volunteers, with lots of information, food, and time to meet other Team Members from around the council. If your SU is represented by at least one volunteer, the SU will receive a set of the Journey books as an incentive! If you are interested in going, please email me to let me know. I have the information on who is attending for each SU. Each person needs to register online at www.gshpa.org before Monday, August 4 at 5 PM. After that time, any spaces that are not being used by the SU will be pooled (if the SU is sending less than 5 volunteers). There will be a lottery for these spaces, because in many service units, there are more than 5 people from the SU Team who would like to attend. Please send me the names of any interested volunteers (if your SU already has 5 attending) before 4:30 PM on August 4 so I can make sure they are included in the lottery.

No comments: